Tuesday 19 May 2015

Vandenesse and Chateauneuf. Hotel Barges

Vandenesse Port
This morning watched two hotel barges with American guests on board descend the lock into the beautifully situated pound and mooring place at Vandenesse.  With Castleauneuf on the hill and the church to the south of the mooring and flowers, trees horses and sheep surrounding us we could not be in a more perfect spot.
Vandenesse

Lots of walking and cycling.  Gardens and flowers, at their absolute peak.

This evening I took a little walk along the canal, as I usually do.  Had my long thin stick which I like very much and after doing the circuit to the lock and back the other side I decided to go past the church and to the south.  A beautiful old farmhouse and barns which s also a chambre d'otes.  The heat of the day had soaked into the walls of the barns and they radiated on to me as I walked making that part of the walk much warmer.








A beautiful afternoon in Chateauneuf with lunch and a walk to a chapel.





No comments:

Post a Comment